Monday 11 December 2017

My movie challenge is quilted, bound and completed with label..

How cool is this. My quilt is done. I love the backing too.
Mickey Mouse.. Fitting for classic movies... Oops I haven't got a photo of the back...
I have already given it to the granddaughters... I'll get their mum to take a photo and send it to me...
I stipples it in the white areas. Cross hatched in the checker board row, in the ditch with an extra row in the braid row.

Here are some other entries...

Unfortunately these were the only ones that were finished and on show.

Well, I was lucky enough to win 1st prize. It was worth all my troubles.. Here is my prize.

The thing is, last week I nearly ordered a new rotary but I thought it could wait until after Christmas. Lucky me doesn't have to buy one now...

We also had to supply a gift for Kris Kringle to the value of $10.. Not made but bought. I didn't get a photo but my gift was a 1/2" ruler, self threading needles and some u pins for piecing.
In return I got a magnetic pin bowl. I have always wanted one but never got around to buying one.


We also had pass the parcel and I won another gift.  Some wonder clips and a  3 metre Quilters tape measure. I have also wanted these clips but not something I wanted to buy.

Now for the decorations and table layout. There were 40 of us and it was a great catch up day for me. I hadn't seen these women for 16 months. We also enjoyed a fantastic Christmas roast lunch with a yummy dessert or two or three. (Mmmmmm)


Thank you Kilmore Quilters for a great day.
See you all next year..

10 comments:

Maria said...

What a wonderful Christmas 🎄 Outing with Kilmore Quilters...
Your Challenge Quilt looks fabulous as did the other two.
Such a great useful prize for your win and your gift 🎁 of the magnetic pin bowl is really good too....

Ellen said...

You had a great day!! Your quilt looks fantastic - definitely worth the work in itself but then to win 1st is fantastic.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What fun!!! And all the quilts look great...such a fun idea!

Linda said...

Pleased to hear you had such a wonderful time. Your presents looked great. Those wonder clips are marvellous. Particularly for holding down the binding whilst you are hand sewing. Saves getting pricked on straight pins - even more important for me because my medicine means I bleed very easy. A little pin prick and I bleed onto the quilt. Bought mine in Spotlight a couple of years ago. Also brought some home for quilting friends for a little birthday gift. They love them too. Your Movie Quilt is super. Well done for Finishing and gaining First prize!!

Vireya said...

Congratulations on winning the Movie Challenge!

elliek said...

Congrats on winning the challenge! Well deserved. Love all the gifts too. Last year my KK from Kilmore was those clips and I love them!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great job on your challenge quilt...and congratulations on winning first prize, well deserved. You certainly came home with a nice bundle of goodies.

Sheila said...

Congrats on winning first prize for your challenge quilt , well deserved . You will love the wonder clips they do come in handy . Sounds like a lovely evening with Friends.

Mari said...

Congratulations on such a cute quilt and a well-deserved win. I love the bottom border. Have fun with your new treasures!

dq said...

What a wonderful gathering with all of your new quilt friends! I love your quilt and see why it won! This was such a goodie post to read! Thanks for adding a picture of all the ladies! It is a charming place you meet in.