Sunday 19 November 2023

17.11.2023 Off to Tokyo then to Kyoto on the Shinkansen (bullet train) lots of photos

 Today we are leaving Kichijojo and heading for Kyoto.

My last breakfast here was a simple one.

There was a beautiful table in the foyer so I had to get a photo.

Off to the station to get a quick train to Tokyo station. Then to buy something to eat on the Shinkansen train. It was a couple of hours ride. I know someone bought one of these. A strawberry one and said it was delicious.




The coffee machine on the station. Shinkansen Coffee. Made hot in the cup. I cannot upload the video to watch it being made but it was fun.




More vending machines


Here is the train


The cleaners are waiting to hop on before we can go.

All waiting patiently



Janet, Jo and Jill. The 3 J's


We can get on now


In our booked seats


Wasn't clear enough to see Mt. Fuji


Time to eat. 



I also bought some cheese and crackers, or so I thought. They were cheesy biscuits but the crackers were sweet, Very different.



Kyoto Station


Our motel is opposite.


The view of the station from our room



cute statues were around


onto another train to go shopping


Up the little lane was the hand made needle shop


Beautiful garden


The shop was only big enough to fit 3 people inside so we waited patiently in the calming garden.


Janet knows where all the hidden gems are


I bought a little pack of 5 pins for $20.  They a very cute.

Here is there size. I also bought this little bonsai pot from a market and I'm going to make a special pin cushion for them.

I had to buy the little owl to. This is for my hubby to be with me all the time when I am sewing. He loves owls


Then off to a popular fabric shop. It was amazing.



Look at this beautiful ceiling where we had tea after lots of walking the shopping arcade

A great spot of dinner


I had a souffle' for the very first time. I had already started eating it when I took this photo. It was delicious. With crumbed chicken and a beer.



Maxine and I enjoying ourselves






No comments: