Saturday 15 June 2024

Hand sewing a special project.

 I have been spending a lot of time making a special project. I cannot show the finished item but I can give you some sneaks..


My friend drew a cute little picture and designed a hand made mirror for her purse. It had the drawing on the back of the mirror. Then she had it printed on fabric for me to make a special pouch to hold and protect it.  A carved wooden box is also being made to store it all and it will then be entered into an exhibition in the UK.

A little bit of braid for the edges with fresh water pearls added from our local gem shop. Woodsies.


Here I am measuring to see how long the braid needs to be. The red is a satin lining.


The drawing was printed on to silk so the hand stitching is done in silk thread.


The finishing touches are being added.


This is now completed and has been put in the post too.
A very special project.


7 comments:

Arish said...

Ohhhhhhh ❣️❣️❣️❣️BESICOS.

loulee said...

Very special. I guess it will be a while before you can show the finished object?

dq said...

Beautiful, custom work, Jo. I look forward to the full reveal.

Susan Smith said...

OMG! How talented are you. Look forward to seeing the finishes. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

This looks intriguing. Perhaps you can post a picture of all the pieces when the exhibition is underway?

Ondrea said...

Wow! An interesting project.

Maria said...

Interesting project your working. Hope to see it finished soon.