Sunday 16 June 2024

Kiwis have a new home. It’s finished and delivered.

 Last months CHOOKSHED challenge is finished and has been delivered to its new home. I have loved doing this big stitch quilting. I can see more in the future. 

I know why Linda . Koshka2quilts makes smaller quilts and hand quilts most of them. They are so manageable. Thanks Linda for the inspiration to give it a go.


It only measure 36” * 39” and used a lot of scraps.
The striped binding works so well.


I used chenille on the back for the first time. It was so soft and fluffy.
When it was washed it came out very different. Maybe needs a real windy day to fluff it up. A lot of the fluff came off and balled up on to the front blocks.
Anyway, here is the difference before washing and after.


Thanks Louise for the Kiwi pattern


Linking up with Anja Quilts

7 comments:

Louise said...

Jo, I hope Mia loves the kiwi quilt. It was a joy to watch your progress making it. I’m glad my little kiwi pattern found a home in your sewing room. Cheers, Louise

dq said...

Congratulations, Jo! I do like the looks of the big stitch quilting and the striped binding!

loulee said...

Beautiful finish Jo.

Jenny said...

You've made a wonderful job with the pink kiwis. I've never used chenille as a backing before.

Arish said...

Qué bonitaaaa ❣️❣️BESICOS.

Susan Smith said...

Well done. It looks lovely & as my favourite colour is pink, I really enjoyed seeing what you used. Hope Mia enjoys. Take care & hugs.

Lin said...

Lovely finish Jo. xx