Sunday 30 June 2024

CHOOKSHED challenge end of month report. I finished it.

 Back to my sashiko piece. I was up to here.


We decided to go away for the weekend camping. It was close to home but the weather was nice.
We had a lovely view of the lake.


And the evenings sunset was so beautiful. Sorry about the grainy photo but you can see the colours.


Enjoyed some sewing time.


The next day was even warmer with the sun out. We had to put the awning out.


Enjoyed sitting beside the fire in the evening.



Only 3 sides left to do around the outside by the time we headed for home.
I was so close I had to continue the same night.
It’s done….


Hopefully when I wash it the drawn lines around the edge will come out. 
Fingers crossed.





9 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice to get away and relax! Nice place to add some stitches to your sashiko project.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a beautiful place to stitch! Your sashiko is fabulous - love that thread you used!

Susan said...

Lovely spot to while away some stitching time….glad you could finish it for June

Denice Barker said...

Yay! I like the colors in this one

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like a lovely camping spot! I love your sashiko piece - the variegated floss is so pretty with the design!

loulee said...

Great finish Jo. Nice weekend camp too.

time4stitchn said...

Love your Sashiko sampler. The design is great to practice all the different arrangements. Love your variegated thread as well. I just finished one as well and also enjoyed the stitching. My instructions said to dip it into cool water to get the markings out. It was from Japan.

Lin said...

Well, that is a lovely finish! Looks like a great way to spend a weekend. xx

dq said...

Congratulations, Jo. It is so pretty! We had two Sashiko girls this month that I know of.
Love the camping scenes. I am ready to be retired.