Monday 3 June 2024

My weekend of sewing = my kiwis

 I have been playing around making my KIWIs

I decided, with the help of the zoom ladies, what size my baby quilt will be. Also, the design has all been thought out now. This is where I started.


Blocks coming together laid out to work out the size


Enough blocks have been made. I am going to sash with scraps of pink - docket stitched sashings. A small white border.


Appliqué the name on a block for in the corner


I am using the soft, cuddly chenille as the backing.


And have chosen this stripe as the binding. 


Once the design was chosen I was so excited. I just kept sewing all weekend.

Layouts changed


Receipt strips sewn into sashings


Lots of thinking, measuring and calculating.


Until I got this far and it was midnight. 


Bedtime


I think I will be big stitch quilting this with some of mums crochet cotton.



Have a look HERE over at Angela’s for more pink work for the RSC May month.
 


14 comments:

Louise said...

Jo, it is so lovely, she is going to treasure this! Cheers, Louise

Vireya said...

So cute!

Susan said...

Very clever Jo - it will be so snuggly soft.

loulee said...

Love your flock of pink Kiwi Jo and I like the grocery docket sashing. Mia and her family will love it.

Louise said...

I showed this to my husband, whose last name is Keyes, he said I should call the pattern the Keyes Kiwi….my MIL, who is in her 90s, and SIL agree. We all just had a picnic lunch together. I have been showing all the flocks of kiwi to them as they appear. Cheers, Louise

Jenny said...

Such pretty pink Kiwis and the scrappy pink sashing ties it all together so nicely. Is Mia a Kiwi girl, by any chance?

Susan Smith said...

Love it, well done. My favourite colour is pink & the kiwis are so cute. I also noticed the Matildas Own rulers & cutting mat ......we were down there yesterday picking up s roll of batting. Oh, & by the way....your replies still come through as errors, so maybe occasionally an ordinary email perhaps? Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Lin said...

Oh my, what a lot you did! I love it, stunning. xx

Maria said...

your Pink Kiwis have make the cutest baby quilt for Mia.

cityquilter grace said...

jo that is so darn cute...i love that you showed the progression of idea to finish...really adorable...

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful Kiwi quilt Jo, it will be much loved.

Janet O. said...

So glad I got in on the kiwi fun for a bit.
Your quilt is really delightful! Mia will love it!

Narelle said...

Oh so gorgeous! Lucky Mia xx

Chookyblue...... said...

was pretty exciting seeing all your kiwis come together and was great fun planning the quilt top also...........
It looks great well done.........