Wednesday 22 February 2017

182 Summer/winter solstice challenge

I worried on block 8 & 9 of the challenge. Wow. I didn't know they were such big blocks.
Block 8 is 18"
Made to size . Applique is stitched and I am up to date...
Block 8


Block 9 is 32".
All my half square triangles are made, trimmed and ready to sew into the big block...
Ready to be stitched.

A 32" centre star block

My background fabric is running out quickly. I will keep going until I run out of fabric then I will put the blocks together some how.
These fabrics are looking so good together...

7 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I do like the colors of this one. I think we tend to stay away from neutrals and go for the big bang but this is really, really nice!

Crystal_235 said...

I'm working on the solstice, but I'm making my blocks all 12", I'm really liking the way the big blocks look.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just beautiful. I love that soft colourway Jo x

Kathy S. said...

Yes, these fabrics are playing with each other beautifully.

Linda said...

Crickey, the 32" block is practically a baby quilt side! Well done for making the block. Pretty neutral colours.

Maria said...

Sew nice to make a quilt with such big blocks... just love the fabric combo...

margaret said...

both looking good, I am enjoying making them too but using scraps fro mine, it is the first bit of applique I have done by machine so felt I have achieved something!