Saturday 11 February 2017

Teal blue/green scraps.

I have been joining in with Angela over at soscrappy for a few years. Angela nominates a colour every month. This gives you something to work with. It aims to get rid of your scraps in the nominated colour. This month it was teal green / blue - Aqua .
Once I started to look for this colour I realised I didn't have any. I searched all my boxes for this colour. I didn't have any BUT I did find a piece of 7" * 10" in this lovely print. What can be done with that... not much.... UNTIL I saw this weeks Splendid Sampler block no. 98. PERFECT.
I really enjoyed a little bit of hand applique...
So I joined in 3 SAL's.....

Splendid Sampler bloc 98 teal blue-green

I am having a quiet day sitting and finishing stitching this block tomorrow for Sunday's Slow Stitching. 
Have a look at the following links to see what it's all about.

SO SCRAPPY TEAL BLUE/GREEN
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com.au

SLOW SUNDAY STITCHING
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com.au

SPLENDID SAMPLER BLOCK 98
http://www.thesplendidsampler.com/2017/02/05/block-98-fleur-de-lei/

18 comments:

Mari said...

Looking good so far! I like the print.

Cathy said...

That will be a lovely block!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is going to be great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a beautiful floral applique block that it working up to be!!

Edith said...

Your block is absolutely lovely.

Pamela Arbour said...

Nice block. Looks like very tedious work.

pearbour@gmail.com
I am leaving my email address because it has been pointed out to me that I am a "no reply" blogger. I am not too good at this blog thing, but I will change that as soon as I figure out how to do it!

Nell's Quilts said...

Yeah! You dug deep and guess what popped to the surface. Looking good.

Angie said...

The finished block is going to be stunning!

kiwikid said...

Looking great Jo.

Maria said...

Great use of your Blue/green piece of fabric and you killed three birds 🐦 With one stone.. great !

Karen said...

Pretty teal fabric.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Very pretty and perfect for slow stitching today!

KimM said...

I absolutely LOVE the color! Looking forward to the finished product.
xxx

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoy your hand stitching today!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I had a similar issue finding this colour....its nice to meet the challenge. Lovely block Jo x

elliek said...

Great block Jo

dq said...

You are always so involved in so many online things. Your splendid sampler block today and other blocks previous are so much fun. I don't know how you keep up with everything especially now that you work.

Have a great week!

BizarreQuilter said...

ooh! sew clever! matched up to 3 posts, and did a few birds with one stone! wow