Wednesday 15 February 2017

Donations to the nursing home in Gisborne

My friend from my Monday Gisborne group came for a visit. Barb was raised here in Mildura and her parents still live here. Since I have spent some time basting a few quilts and have always joined in with our groups donations what was I to do. Her visit was quick and unexpected so I gave Barb 2 quilts to take home and quilt. They were basted so half the job was done.... here are the ones I sent back.
Good night Irene
Good night Irene

And the story of where it began.

Then there was my Hunters Star quilt.
Hunters Star
I'm sure the nursing home will appreciate the kindness of our little group.
I think they have between 15 - 20 quilts so far.
Not bad for a group of 4...

10 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Awesome effort x

creations.1 said...

Gorgeous quilts - someone will treasure them - you do some amazing things for the charities you support Jo.

Sheryl said...

What wonderful and generous work you and your group do, these quilts will be treasured.

Vireya said...

That is a great achievement for such a small group!

elliek said...

Well done. Love the hunters star quilt

Helen said...

Fantastic effort !!

Sheila said...

Both beautiful quilts , I did a Good night Irene quilt a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed making it and have the makings of another on the go . Wonderful generous gift to the nursing home , I am sure they will be thrilled .

kiwikid said...

Two beautiful quilts Jo, well done that is a fantastic effort towards the nursing home.

Cheryll said...

They are wonderful and YES they will be loved at the nursing home... xox

Linda said...

You are very kind and generous Jo. The two quilts,will be a bright addition to the Nursing Home.