Saturday 14 December 2019

Jelly Roll Race quilt is a top.

Our group owns an electric go cutter so while on retreat I decided I wanted to cut up a container full of scrap fabric. I filled a tub
Then I cut strips of red, white & blues for a jelly roll race quilt. I used any width of fabric so there are many different sizes.



All my strips are cut, sewn , now my seams are being ironed ready to sew together.


I got all my strips sewn together and ironed.
The large blue space is there to appliqué a name or football team name..
Anyway, it's there ready and waiting for someone to give it to and I will completed then.
Maybe an AUSSIE HERO.

5 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Great way to use up scraps.

Vireya said...

Was it fun to do? It always looks like it would be fun but I would also have to make strips from my stash, only doing it the slow way (no electric cutter). That might take some of the fun out.

Jenny said...

I've never taken part in jelly roll race. Seems that it is quick to do, did you enjoy the process?

Janice said...

What a great idea to get lots of strips cut. The jelly roll race quilt will certainly be bides last go a footy team quilt.

kiwikid said...

Great to get the cutting done Jo. Your Jelly roll quilt looks wonderful.