Tuesday 31 December 2019

Maxine's quilt - Curved quilting

My friend usually quilts her quilts at the LQS but 2 of the staff have been off with broken ankles, legs, hips... Coincidentally they both suffered injuries a week apart so the shop has been understaffed. Therefore the quilt frame was not available due to no assistance. So over to my house to help out. She needed it for Xmas..
Now it is done...
Added a bit of curved quilting...


The quilting is done.
Now all she has to do is the binding.


4 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

That really turned out nice. That was a good design to choose. I will try to remember that the next time I have squares like that. I just finished one the would have looked nice that way. I know she was glad to see it finished. She was probably fretting a bit about that so close to the gift deadline.

Vireya said...

Nice curves! It's great you could help out like that.

kiwikid said...

Well done Jo, the quilting looks fantastic, the curves are a great idea.

dq said...

YOu did an amazing job, JO. The curved quilting is perfect and won't make ya pull your hair out while you are doing it. Sometimes my quilting does that to me.