Friday 9 December 2016

A catch up...

I have been in Melbourne the past week. Unfortunately I had to go to a funeral, visit my SIL in full time care and my girlfriend was rushed in to emergency. The funeral went as good as can be expected, it was sad to see my SIL but we do need to accept it, my girlfriend was operated on and is home recovering. She is doing very well.
It was great to stay a few days with my daughter and the grandsons. A night with my brother and a very close friend.
I caught up with many friends. Too many to name but I want to thank them all. I must say when I was driving home it really felt like I was going home. All I wanted to do was get there.   I feel comfortable here.. I am getting used to the weather, people, everything. All I need is to get some work....
Back in Melbourne there were so many good moments. I only got a photo of one. My Monday girls sewing day.... They put together a lunch for me. And passed on my quilt blocks to remember our lovely friend Jill. Thanks Max for my gift. Photo of the blocks and photo of Jill when I decide what design I want to put them into... Here are the lovely ladies....
Barb, Jo, Rhonda & Joy

Tonight I spent sewing and catching up on Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt En Provence
Here is my progress of part 2. The night that the next step is released. I did catch up though...
Here is step 2 all made up.
Here is the link to Part 3 link up party. I didn't get to link up with part 2. I have completed part 3 so when I get a post done I'll link that up too.
My Magenta and neutrals... I used the Tri Recs ruler I bought years ago and have never used

Here is my fabric choices. It may change along the way. Let's see what the next step is and if I stick to it. I love these colours...
Bonnie Hunters .... En Provence Mystery Quilt fabrics

8 comments:

Maria said...

Its always nice to be home...
Well done with your Bonnie Hunter Mystery...I also love you colour choices...

Jindi's Cottage said...

Not the best reasons to trip to Melbourne but nice there were good times in the mix...you are meant to be where you are, so good that the trip back has the going home feeling...

Binsa said...

I am still tempted with he mystery quilt maybe next year good to catch-up with you Jo

Barbara Sindlinger said...

You have a great variety of fabrics to choose from. Love all the scraps.

Jeanette said...

Lots of us are finding the Tri Recs are are great tool. You are making great progress, have fun with step 3.

Vireya said...

Nice progress with your mystery units after a busy week.

englishquilter said...

My first mystery quilt. Really getting into it now. Glad you caught up.

Cassiescuddles.hoodfamily.org.au said...

Sorry to hear about your friend and your SIL. Souunds like you have had a very busy time.