Wednesday 14 December 2016

En Provence. Part 3 Mystery with Bonnie

I am amazed that I am keeping up with this mystery. While it has been 38-41 deg Celsius the last few days I have shut myself away and sewed. I was going to do it over the weekend when the clue was released but I just wasn't in the mood. I have done it now. Searched through my purples and mauves,
The darks

The lights

cut them into strips,
Strips all cut
sewed, ironed, crosscut,
Sewn, ironed, cross cut

stitched again, curled those seams and ironed for the last time. Hopefully you can tell the difference in some of the light/dark 4 patch blocks. Depending on what was against what if it was light or dark.
I'm happy with them and especially since they are finished.
4 patches all sewn 

I'm linking up with Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville for her Monday link up party... Week 3.
There is well over 130 that have already linked up. So there is some good reading, ideas and different colour ways to enjoy.

14 comments:

Jayne said...

I like the little bits of yellow in your patches. The heat has been awful hasn't it - hopefully some respite over the next few days.

Maria said...

Your Bonnie Hunter is looking great ,well done at keeping up Jo.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looking so good 💖💖💖💖

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great assembly line sewing going on there!

Crystal_235 said...

Very pretty. Love the purple!

elliek said...

Was very tempted by this but didn't succumb. Love your blocks though, so will be interested to see the end result. Enjoy the heat!

Binsa said...

You are making great progress Jo

Cheryll said...

Sometimes it's hard keeping up... but with the effort you just put in...it's worth it...
Merry Christmas Jo... xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great effort Jo.Thank goodness for aircon x

Sheryl said...

Lovely colours, such a lot of work

kiwikid said...

Great colours Jo, you are doing well keeping up with the challenge.

Linda said...

Amazed at how many different purples you have in your stash! Your 4 patches look great, some excellent contrasts in the blocks.

Kate said...

Lots of fun scraps in those blocks. Congrats on keeping up, I'm way behind.

Vireya said...

It is nice to be able to lock yourself away with your sewing on such hot days. You had a lovely selection of purple scraps!